In a desire to provide easier access to automation, Creaform unveils the latest version of its VXscan-R software module, which includes innovative features guaranteed to offer the best operational and budgetary flexibility.
Lévis, Québec, June 7, 2022—Creaform, a business unit of AMETEK, Inc. and worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, announced today the release of its new VXscan-R software module for the VXelements 10 platform. This latest version now offers an advanced compatibility with a wider range of robots, including collaborative ones, all of which take simplicity and ease of use to the next level while increasing quality control productivity.
The VXscan-R software is an integral part of the renowned R-SeriesTM. It is the optimal automated 3D scanning solution for at-line applications, in turnkey solutions, or for customizable layouts. VXscan-R offers a reliable and accurate digital twin environment for program preparation, scan simulations, and execution. Used with the MetraSCAN 3D-RTM, a robot-mounted optical CMM scanner, the R-Series is designed for companies that want to find defects earlier and ensure that all parts are measured correctly, without human impact and subjectivity.
Discover how accessible the R-Series with VXscan-R is and the many benefits of integrating it into your manufacturing and quality processes.
- Compatibility: This new version of VXscan-R is now compatible with collaborative robots (Fanuc CRX) as well as a variety of new industrial robots, which allows it to adapt to any workflow, from large production lines to small and medium enterprises.
- Simple deployment: With its lightweight and compact design, this new offer of collaborative robots in the R-Series can be deployed easily and rapidly, regardless of the users’ levels of expertise or experience.
- Powerful: The MetraSCAN 3D-R offers high-performance optics, blue laser technology and 360° target coverage, providing optimal measurement accuracy, speed, versatility, and operational simplicity for any quality control task. Just what you need to solve productivity issues efficiently and provide increased product quality.
- Seamless integration: The R-Series solutions are fully integrated in VXscan-R software and, whether it is a custom layout or turnkey solution, will seamlessly integrate into any automated quality control processes.
- Safety: Collaborative is not just a word. It means that the robot is expected to work with and around workers. Safety features, like automatically stopping when meeting resistance, are therefore paramount to maintaining a safe working environment.
“By adding the collaborative robots to the R-Series offer, and by supporting more industrial robots, we can guarantee that the best scanning technology powered by offline programming software is accessible to businesses of all sizes,” explained Jérôme-Alexandre Lavoie, Product Manager at Creaform. “Truly, harnessing the power of automation has never been easier.”
Never Stop Innovating, a motto that represents the core values of Creaform, from its beginning in 2002 all the way to 2022, which marks the 20th anniversary of the company. To this day, Creaform continues to develop, manufacture, and sell cutting edge 3D portable and automated measurement technologies that provide innovative solutions for applications such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and engineering services redefine the boundaries in a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, research and education. With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform is present in more than 85 countries, through its 14 local offices located all around the world and a network of over 125 distributors. Creaform is a business unit of AMETEK Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2021 sales of $5.5 billion. www.creaform3d.com