- Previously known as NavVis IndoorViewer, NavVis IVION Core is a reality capture platform for laser scanning and AEC professionals to manage their 3D scans with ease.
- NavVis IVION Core enhancements include multi-site functionality, updated user management, and site coordinate systems for survey-grade geo-registration of data.
- With a refreshed look and new features and improvements, NavVis IVION Core makes mobile mapping workflows more efficient, speeds up model creation and delivery, and adds value to your data.
22 April 2021, Munich – NavVis, an innovator in mobile mapping and reality capture, today announces the launch of NavVis IVION Core.
Previously known as NavVis IndoorViewer, NavVis IVION Core is a reality capture platform where you can manage your 3D scans with intuitive tools for creation, collaboration, and publication. NavVis IVION Core makes mobile mapping workflows more efficient, speeds up model creation and delivery, and adds value to your data.
“NavVis IVION Core represents the future of reality capture software,” said Lisa Cali, Head of Product Web and Cloud at NavVis. “We want to offer our users a next-generation platform that not only transforms their mobile mapping workflows but also extends them so that they can do more with their spatial data.”
With all the existing features of NavVis IndoorViewer, such as point cloud downloads and virtual measurements, NavVis IVION Core offers both a refreshed look together with new features and improvements.
New features and improvements
The enhancements in NavVis IVION Core are expressly designed to support laser scanning service providers, surveyors, and AEC Companies. These include multi-site functionality, updated user management, and site coordinate systems for survey-grade geo-registration of data.
- Multiple sites, one space: The multi-site functionality means that users are now able to host multiple sites, including several buildings, in one instance. The new home screen displays a map view with markers showing the location of each site. It’s easy to navigate and provides the user with a very clear overview of each site or project across the globe. You can quickly switch between sites from the central dashboard. Each site has a unique website address and user permissions, providing complete control over site usage.
- Updated user management system: This improvement gives users more clarity and control over their projects. Admins can grant specific access and permissions for each site and get an overview of the permissions of each user. From an editor to a visitor, accessibility and permissions can now be set easily and viewed clearly from one instance.
- Site coordinate system: Users can now enter the latitude and longitude or a custom spatial reference system, allowing for survey-grade geo-registration of data. Selecting your own site coordinate system also ensures that your data is aligned to the exact location of your site, making it easier and faster to upload and download data.
Endorsements from beta testers
In the months leading up to launch, NavVis invited a select group of existing customers from around the world to beta test NavVis IVION Core. Their feedback was universally positive, like this comment from TruePoint Laser Scanning, one of the top laser scanning firms in the United States:
“The new enhancements in NavVis IVION Core simplify management of data by allowing us to utilize multiple sites in one NavVis IVION instance,” says Aaron Hunt, Lead Technical Manager at TruePoint Laser Scanning.
“We’re able to minimize software costs by maximizing the usage of an individual instance,” he continues. “The multi-site feature together with the intuitive web interface makes new project setup fast and easy. And the updated user management in NavVis IVION Core means administrators have more security control; it greatly simplifies the process of providing access.”
Elsewhere, favorable feedback also came from LE34, Denmark’s largest provider of surveying and land management services:
“The new features released with NavVis IVION Core means our customers who manage multiple sites are now able to easily access them all through one single portal that displays an overview of each site,” said Daniel Aaby Holt, Landinspektør at LE34.
“We’ve also found that site coordinate system feature in NavVis IVION has enabled us to be even more precise in the geographical placement of sites and scans.”
Release dates and further information
NavVis IVION Core will be released worldwide towards the end of April 2021. For more information, visit www.navvis.com/ivion/core.
Bridging the gap between the physical and digital world, NavVis enables service providers and enterprises to capture and share the built environment as photorealistic digital twins. Our SLAM-based mobile mapping systems generate high-quality data with survey-grade accuracy at speed and scale. And with our digital factory solutions, users are equipped to make better operational decisions, boost productivity, streamline business processes, and improve profitability. Based in Munich, Germany, with offices in New York and Shanghai, NavVis has customers worldwide in the surveying, AEC, and manufacturing industries. For more information, visit www.navvis.com.