- LiDAR Brings Dramatic Reduction in False Alarms, over 5X Cost Reduction, Significantly Higher Accuracy than Camera-Based Systems
- Adds Operational Intelligence to Manage Social Distancing for Occupancy Density and Flow Management
- Enhances Threat Detection, Classification and Tracking for Security & Surveillance
Sunnyvale, Calif.– June 30, 2020 – Quanergy Systems, Inc., a leading provider of LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) sensors and smart perception solutions, today announced the first commercial integration of 3D AI-powered LiDAR solutions with the Genetec Inc. (“Genetec”), Security Center unified security platform. The integrated solutions will provide advanced people flow and occupancy management in smart spaces as well as enhanced threat detection and surveillance in high-security environments.
Quanergy’s AI-powered LiDAR solution accurately and reliably monitor wide areas in real-time in a variety of environments without compromising people’s privacy. The new integrated 3D LiDAR-based solutions will provide:
- 98%+ detection accuracy: Quanergy QORTEX People Counter accurately detects the number and direction of people, entering in and out of common areas. This can also be used to detect tailgating and increase the security of critical areas. QORTEX People Counter accuracy is significantly higher than camera-based system.
- Dramatic reduction in false alarms: Quanergy’s QORTEX DTC solution significantly reduces false alarms typical of camera-based systems due to its advanced object detection, tracking, and classification capabilities.
- 5X – 20X lower TCO (total cost of ownership) than camera-based systems due to very wide coverage (360 degree) and long range (40-70m). A single sensor can cover the area upwards of 8000 m2. This broad area coverage also reduces installation and cabling costs.
- Rich 3D, real-time data: Quanergy’s flow management solutions provide accurate centimeter level information about the number of objects, their spatial location, direction, and speed. Quanergy solutions also can detect distance between people to accurately monitor and manage social distancing policies.
- Privacy protection without compromising or storing private personal information. The LiDAR solutions do not use facial recognition technology nor require opt-in by users; they therefore guarantee the anonymity of people and pose zero PII risk.
- Reliable & Scalable: Works in all lighting and atmospheric conditions so security systems can effectively operate 24/7.
The integrated solutions are available and can be ordered immediately.
For more information, please visit us at www.quanergy.com/contact.
Quanergy was founded in 2012 and builds on decades of experience of its team in the areas of optics, photonics, optoelectronics, artificial intelligence software and control systems. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, Quanergy offers a high-performance AI-powered LiDAR platform designed to accelerate the automation of key business processes to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety of our 3D world. By providing actionable insights to organizations across major industries including, mapping, security, smart cities and smart spaces, industrial automation and transportation, Quanergy is enabling its partners and their end-users to deploy innovative solutions to drive their business growth and ultimately, improve the quality of life for people around the world. For more information, visit www.quanergy.com.