Forest Hill, MD (January 2020) MAPPS honored members with the 2019 Geospatial Excellence Awards as part of their 13th annual Awards Presentation that took place Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach in conjunction with the 2020 Winter Conference in Honolulu, HI, Jan. 19-22.
The Geospatial Excellence Awards are presented to Regular and Associate Member firms whose entries exemplify the professionalism, value, integrity and achievement of the firm’s staff as demonstrated over the previous year. A distinguished and impartial panel of two judges evaluated the submitted projects from five categories: Data Acquisition & Processing, Surveying/Field Data Collection, GIS/IT/Remote Sensing Analysis, Small Projects (no entries were submitted for this category), and Technology Innovation/Licensed Data Products. A winner was selected for each category with submissions.
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Data Acquisition and Processing to Woolpert/Optimal GEO
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Surveying/Field Data Collection to WGI
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for GIS/IT/Remote Sensing Analysis to Aerial Services, Inc
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Technology Innovation/Licensed Data Products to WhiteStar Corp
- The Geospatial Excellence- Members Choice Award to RIEGL USA
- The Geospatial Excellence- Project of the Year Grand Award to Woolpert/Optimal GEO
Overall, MAPPS presented 6 Geospatial Excellence Awards. To learn more about MAPPS and the Geospatial Excellence Award Program please visit https://www.mapps.org.
About the Management Association of Private Photogrammetric Surveyor
MAPPS is exclusively a private sector organization focused on the needs of the membership by providing a forum for the mutual benefit of its members. It invites the participation of government employees, academicians, and technical papers only that directly support the objectives of MAPPS members. As a business association, MAPPS is dedicated to developing the growth and improving the bottom line profitability of its member firms. MAPPS provides valuable interaction with, but does not duplicate or compete with the technical programs of ASPRS, NSGIC, COGO, URISA, GITA and other professional organizations. To learn more www.mapps.org