TopoDOT User Conference (TUC) is a four-day gathering of the global TopoDOT user community, offering an extensive learning program for every level of TopoDOT experience. Customers from all over the world will benefit from hands-on learning with expert instructors, allowing both technicians and managers to dramatically improve their own productivity and their company’s profitability.
Regular TUC attendee Paul DiGiacobbe, Principal and Director of Geospatial Services at Maser Consulting, says: “The management classes are a great addition to the program, because you can receive and share information about actual projects and the latest technology. Christian Stevens, Chief of Photogrammetry at WSP USA, has also benefited from TUC: “Most importantly, we get to see the TopoDOT staff in person and enjoy outstanding classes for learning what’s new.”
Nick Salmons from Balfour Beatty, UK is ecstatic about TUC. “This will be by my 2nd time, the community is what hits you first – the comradery between TopoDOT users and the TopoDOT team is fantastic. Face to face interaction of TUC is very rewarding”
Once again, TUC will be held at the beautiful and ever-popular UCF Rosen College campus at 9907 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 from May 6 – 9 2019. Registration and breakfast will begin each day at 7:00am and workshops will end at 5:00pm.
Intensive workshops are planned for both technical and management attendees. The 2019 agenda has detailed information about classes and events, but in summary:
- The three Technical Trackswill provide hands-on, deep understanding of point-cloud data, enabling attendees to greatly improve their TopoDOT skills for extracting topographies, models and spatial information. There will be new content covering dozens of new tools and workflows, with an emphasis on quality and productivity. Topics will include drone data management as well as feature extractions at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels for roads, rail, bridges, utility poles, power lines and substations.
- The Management Track will provide a broader overview of the technology and its applications, with a focus on business development and profitability. Diverse industry leaders will also share their field experience of getting the most out of TopoDOT, with an emphasis on data-sharing and project management.
- Social Events provide attendees numerous opportunities to have fun and meet industry leaders within the TopoDOT® community. Events this year include a Hawaiian Luau reception, social evening by the Vista Cay bar/pool and an evening reception hosted at the Orlando Topgolf facility.
TopoDOT can advise on a range of nearby accommodation options, there are plenty of hotel accommodations in the area as it is close to Orlando’s International Dr. Check their travel page for more information.
“TUC looks like a great way for us to fast track our learning and avoid trying to reinvent the wheel. You tend to get out what you put in, so hopefully we can contribute some of our own experiences to the community as well.” Rollo Rigby, Managing Director, Severn Partnership.
Interested TopoDOT users must register by April 29 2019, and can consult the handy registration guidelines. Potential delegates can get more information by calling 407-248-0160 or emailing email@example.com
- 2018’s TUC attracted 260 delegates representing 4,500 users within 400 client companies around the world.
- TopoDOT offers the transportation industry’s most productive software for extracting topography, 3D models, GIS assets and more from point-cloud data. TopoDOT’s comprehensive tool suite enables users to set up highly productive processes for managing data, assessing quality, and extracting CAD and GIS products.
- TopoDOT is the point-cloud CAD application of choice for 30 of the 50 US Departments of Transportation.