Las Vegas, NV, October 3, 2018 – During the final day of Commercial UAV Expo, members of the trade media selected ten innovative products that were being showcased in the exhibit hall. The media representatives including Dr. A. Stewart Walker, LIDAR Magazine; Jeff Salmon, XYHT; Jeremiah Karpowicz, Commercial UAV News; Juan Plaza, Commercial UAV News; and Phil Jahns, Freelance Reporter watched short presentations and then voted on the winners.
The following is a list of the winners and the participants.
- First place was awarded to Impossible Aerospace for their US-1 which offers up to 2-hour flight times by designing the aircraft around the battery. The energy source doubles as the drone’s primary structure.
- Second place was awarded to Parrot Business Solutions for their EBee X which can meet the exacting requirements of every project. Its unique Endurance Extension unlocks a maximum flight time of 90 min – for vast coverage of up to 1,235 ac at 400 ft – while its High-Precision on Demand helps to achieve absolute accuracy of down to 1.2 inches, without GCPs.
- Third place was awarded to MicaSense for their Altum which is redefining agriculture drones by integrating a radiometric thermal camera with five high-resolution narrow bands, producing advanced thermal, multispectral andhigh-resolution imagery in one flight for advanced analytics.
The other products that were chosen to participate in the Pitch the Press program included:
- AINSTEIN for their Ultra Long-Range Airborne (ULAB-D1) and Ultra Long-Range Ground-Based (ULGB-D1) radars, capable of precise detection more than 1,000 meters away.
- Alta Devices for their High-Performance Solar which ensures UAV’s stay airborne by providing more than 1500 W/kg in a thin, flexible, and easy to integrate custom package.
- Ardenna for their new product called Ardenna which enables the use of drones for inspections of long linear infrastructure with AI and Analytics
- Cepton for The SORA200 which delivers long-range, high-resolution and low-cost mapping capabilities to aerial or ground-based vehicles.
- Drone Deploy for their LiveMap – the only real time mapping solution that enable instant aerial insight and thermal inspections – no computer, DS card, or internet connection required.
- NAR Technologies for the RAVEN AI, a real-time inspection software that can help you flag defects seamlessly and generate inspection reports on-the-fly.
- Applanix a Trimble Company for their APX-15 EI UAV – UAS Based Mapping and Surveying without GNSS Reference Stations and Group Control Points
About Commercial UAV Expo Americas
Commercial UAV Expo Americas, presented by Commercial UAV News, is a conference and exhibition exclusively focused on the commercial drone market covering industries including Surveying & Mapping; Civil Infrastructure; Aggregates & Mining; Construction; Process, Power & Utilities; Precision Agriculture; Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and Search & Rescue (SAR). The fourth annual Americas event is taking place October 1-3, 2018 in Las Vegas. Commercial UAV Expo Europe launched in Brussels in June 2017 and will take place in Amsterdam 8-10 April 2019. For more information, visit www.expouav.com and www.expouav.com/europe. The events are organized Diversified Communications, a leading organizer of conferences, trade shows and online media with 15 years in the geospatial arena, including Commercial UAV Expo Americas, Commercial UAV Europe, Commercial UAV News, SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, SPAR3D.com, AECNext Technology Expo & Conference, AEC Next News and International LiDAR Mapping Forum.