More than 100 3D measurement and imaging experts to present at 11th Annual Conference
April 9, 2014 (Portland, Maine) The 11th annual SPAR International 3D Measurement & Imaging Conference kicks off Monday April 14 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. The event boasts 110 presenters and panelists who will share best practices for using 3D technologies to save time and money. The full list of presenters with links to their bios and abstracts is available here. SPAR International runs through April 17, 2014.
SPAR is all about whats new and whats next in 3D measurement and imaging, said Lisa Murray, Director of SPAR Point Group. Linda McLaughlin, Conference Manager, with critical input from the SPAR Advisory Board, has put together an outstanding program that will accomplish just that. The conference program has 8 tracks New Technologies; Civil Infrastructure; Industrial Facilities; Building & Architecture; Forensic and Legal for 3D/Court; 3D Data Management, 3D Resource Utilization and 3D Business Development. The schedule can be viewed online here.
Running alongside the conference program is an exhibition showcasing solutions from leading 3D hardware manufacturers, software suppliers and service providers. Market leaders Autodesk, AVEVA LFM, Bentley, Esri, FARO, Leica Geosystems, Optech, RIEGL USA, Surphaser, Topcon, Trimble, Z+F are among the 50 exhibiting companies. SPAR International is platform-neutral, so attendees can compare and qualify solutions from multiple vendors at one time, said Ms. Murray.
In addition to the extensive conference programming, SPAR International features:
- Keynotes by Magnus Rnnng, Technical Expert, Virtual Manufacturing, Volvo Cars Group; Experiencing the Smithsonian in 3D Vincent Rossi & Adam Metallo, 3D Digitization, Digitization Program Office, OCIO, Smithsonian Institution; Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton Leon Lee Ellis, Colonel (Ret), US Air Force
- Dinner Roundtables offering in-depth discussions on these topics: Low-Cost Scanning Devices, Automatic Modeling, BIM/FM for Facilities Management, Uses of 3D to Aid Capital Projects, Project Estimation and Managing Large Data
- Numerous networking activities where more than 800 attendees can mix and mingle and view the latest technology on the exhibit floor
- Technical Seminars that provide information about the newest supplier advances given by suppliers technical leads.
- Live Demonstrations showing various data capture options in action in real-life scenarios
- Mobile mapping vehicles from LiDAR USA, Optech, RIEGL, and Trimble.
- Workshops hosted by USIBD (U.S. Institute of Building Documentation), bimSMART and IAFSM (International Association of Forensic & Security Metrology) and Esri.
SPAR International is a key event for anyone involved in 3D measurement and imaging, said Ms. Murray. Its where 3D professionals can access the expert education, strategic contacts, and cutting-edge hardware and software that will have an immediate impact on their work processes and bottom line.
About SPAR International
SPAR International, presented by SPAR Point Group, brings together professionals from diverse markets to discover the newest 3D technologies and workflows to drive efficiency, reduce timelines, save money, improve safety and mitigate risk. It takes place April 14-17, 2014 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com/ International.
About SPAR Point Group
SPAR Point Group organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D imaging technologies. Content delivered in-person and online gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR Point Group is wholly-owned by Diversified Communications. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com.