Howard Butler has just informed me that he has released libLAS 1.6.0. Some of the new features are:
- Compression/decompression support via LASzip
- Octree indexing
- Tiling support via lasblock
- Loading data to Oracle Point Cloud via las2oci
- Horizontal and vertical reprojection
- XML summary output via lasinf
Howard continues on with his mission to continually improve LAS. He wanted me to note that he has a mailing list if you would like to join click here.
The LiDAR industry owes Howard a significant debt of gratitude. Thanks for doing this Howard.