In order to providethe GISuserwith one-click access to various State GIS and geospatial data repositories and clearinghouses, please consult this current listing of official State GIS Data Clearinghouses and data repositories. All links have been verified and/or updated accordingly in an effort to provide the most up-to-date catalog of data repositories & clearinghouses.
Note: Some of these resources are not clearinghouses but rather, they maintain links to State data repositories and relevant departments.
- ALABAMA – The Geological Survey of Alabama (GSA) with support from the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) has developed and maintains a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) Isite Node of the National Geospatial Data Clearinghouse that houses metadata and geospatial data sets archived by the GSA and State Oil and Gas Board.
- ALASKA – Alaska Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- ARIZONA – Arizona Land Resource Information System (ALRIS)
- ARKANSAS – GeoStore from the Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies (CAST) at the University of Arkansas. The name GeoStor refers to a comprehensive, web-based geodata delivery system.
- CALIFORNIA – California Spatial Information Library (CASIL). Most data are maintained in an Albers projection
- COLORADO – The Colorado Geospatial Data Clearinghouse (CGDC) is a spatial data clearinghouse in the Department of Geography at the University of Colorado-Boulder providing access to geographic data. The portal at http://www.covl.org/sagis/provides a gateway to several State GIS resources and departments
- CONNECTICUT – The Connecticut State Library & MAGIC. See also this fine resource from UCONN
- DELAWARE – The "DataMil" is another geography network and meta data explorer
- FLORIDA – The Florida Geographic Library (FGDL) provides FTP access to a variety of data. Also a must hit, Florida Land and Boundary Information SystemLABINS
- GEORGIA – The Georgia GIS Data Clearinghouse provides resources to users of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in the government, academic, and private sectors of our state.
- HAWAII – The State Office of Planning is responsible for the planning and coordination of activities that are critical to the States enterprise GIS. The primary goal of the Statewide GIS Program is to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness in government decision-making
- IDAHO – Inside Idaho, Atlas, interactive atlas, and tutorial
- ILLINOIS – This site is a gateway to GIS data and imagery for Illinois. Available data sets and documentation (metadata) include: DRG files, DOQ data, geology, land use, political boundaries, nature preserves, Public Land Survey, roads, water resources, wildlife areas, year 2000 Orthoimagery for the Des Plaines River Watershed, and Historical Aerial Photographs from 1936 to 1941
- INDIANA – Indiana Map GIs CLearinghouse and metadata explorer
- IOWA – The Natural Resources Geographic Information System (NRGIS) Library is the geographic information system (GIS) developed and maintained by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR). It is a collection of more than 15,000 geographically referenced databases
- KANSAS – You can browse the DASC GeoDatabase Catalog by Subject, Alphabetical List, or Agency. Contains elevation, imagery, topo data, and much more.
- KENTUCKY – Kentucky Office of Geographic Information
- LOUISIANA – LouisiannaStatewide GIS; apopular GeoMEdia powered site developed by LSU. Search to find mapping data such as Tiger files, geotiff images, and flood data including data from the Louisiana GIS CD!
- MAINE – The Maine GIS Data Catalog
- MARYLAND – The Maryland Clearinghouse (MSGIC) and The MERLIN Online electronic atlas
- MASSACHUSETTS – MassGIS data can be divided into two broad categories: base map data and environmental data. The datum for the MassGIS database is North American Datum 1983 (NAD83). The data are registered to the Massachusetts State Plane Coordinate System, Mainland Zone (Fipszone 2001). Units are meters.
- MICHIGAN – State, county, and city data for Michigan available for download as Arc/Info coverages and Excel files, from Remote Sensing and GIS Research and Outreach Services at Michigan State University
- MINNESOTA – The Minnesota Geographic Data Clearinghouse provides a number of ways to find information about Minnesota’s geographic information system data resources. We suggest you also visit the Data Deli
- MISSISSIPPI – Mississippi Automated Resource Information System (MARIS) Technical Center website, providing access to Mississippi’s statewide geographic information system (GIS) including seamless DOQs
- MISSOURI – The Missouri Spatial Data Information Service provides GIS and census data about the state of Missouri to the public by way of anonymous FTP
- MONTANA – The Montana Natural Resource Information System Geographic Information System (GIS) is a clearinghouse for GIS databases and provides services to groups or individuals needing access to GIS technology. Be sure to see the Topofinder and the Digital Atlas
- NEBRASKA – Nebraska Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Gateway
- NEVADA – The mission of the W. M. Keck Earth Sciences and Mining Research Information Center is to provide access for researchers, both on-site and from their remote desktops, to specialized bibliographic databases, scientific visualization and modeling packages, and geospatial data resources – from UNR
- NEW HAMPSHIRE – access to New Hampshire’s statewide geographic information system (GIS)
- NEW JERSEY – NJ Geographic information network, data includes 2002 ortho imagery
- NEW MEXICO – This site allows you to download digitial spatial data via FTP.
- NEW YORK – NY State GIS clearinghouse, data holdings include 2004 ortho imagery
- NORTH CAROLINA – The North Carolina Geographic Data Clearinghouse & North Carolina geographic information search gateway
- NORTH DAKOTA – North Dakota GIS Web Site. The data, interactive maps, and information presented here are the results of a collaborative effort by North Dakota state agencies and private enterprise.
- OHIO – Ohio.gov geodata distribution center, DRGs, DOQs, and DEM data- see also http://www.ohioview.org/search/
- OKLAHOMA – Oklahoma Digital Atlas and Geoinformation systems from the UO
- OREGON – Oregon Geospatial Enterprise Office (GEO). Be sure to visit the spatial data library
- PENNSYLVANIA – The Pennsylvania Spatial Data Access system (PASDA) is Pennsylvania’s official geospatial information clearinghouse and the Commonwealth’s node on the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
- RHODE ISLAND – RIGIS
- SOUTH CAROLINA– The SC Dept of Natural Resources spatial data clearinghouse
- SOUTH DAKOTA – The SD Dept of Environment and Natural Resources provides users with access to DLG, DRG, DOQ, and DEM data
- TENNESSEE – Tennessee Spatial Data Server. Now serving up DRG, DEM, and DOQ data. Developed by a consortium of Federal GIS personnel throughout the state of Tennessee
- TEXAS – The Texas Natural Resource Information System. Use this website to download 1 meter resolution DOQQs for the entire state of Texas. You can also download available 2.5 meter DOQQs, DRGs, TxDOT, DEMs, Hillshades, and more
- UTAH – The Utah Automated Geographic Reference Center (AGRC) provides a wide range of Geographic Information System (GIS) support to the State of Utah. AGRC strives to facilitate coordination among Utah GIS users and effective, efficient use of GIS resources. Access DRG, DEMs and much more.
- VERMONT – VT Geographic Information System (VGIS) Data Warehouse. You can download free Vermont GIS data here including regional and local coverages.
- VIRGINIA – Geostat (the Geospatial and Statistical Data Center) houses UVa’s maps, geospatial data, and social science datasets
- WASHINGTON – Waashington State Geospatial Data Clearinghouse is part of the NSDI network
- WEST VIRGINIA – The W. Virginia GIS Technical Center. Data is searchable by theme or county. A convenient preview is presented first along with metadata and projection information.
- WISCONSIN – The Wisconsin Land Information Clearinghouse ( WISCLINC) is a gateway to geospatial data and metadata, related land and reference information, and the Wisconsin agencies which produce or maintain these items. WISCLINC is also a registered node in the web of NSDI clearinghouses
- WYOMING – Wyoming Spatial Data Clearinghouse node of the National Geospatial Data Clearinghouse, a component of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI), operated by the Office of GIS. 2002 USGS DOQQs are now available
Please feel free to contact us to make a suggested addition or correction. The resources provided above are all publicly available and most make data products available for free or may distribute on media for a nomincal fee. GISuser does not endorse or guarantee the availability or quality of any of the data available… please consult the metadata and use accordingly. This list has been compiled using the latest web search techniques available.
|This webpage was protected by HTMLProtector|